Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Menace and the Rotten Cottage Cheese

When someone you care deeply about begins to try to serve you cottage cheese that has been in the kitchen cabinet for who knows how long, with an expiration date of March 24 2006.... it's time to take action to protect....

My Mom is beginning to completely lose it. She pulled out this cottage cheese tonight and I thought I was gonna puke on her shoes...

But I collected myself very quickly and calmly asked her to throw it away and that I would go back over to my house and get some cottage cheese that is fresh. I did..

I'm sad today about this. My Mom was the sharpest woman I have ever known. Clear thinking, a great teacher of sprit and love... and I miss her.

Now it's my turn to love, care and be here for her. God help me.

4 comments:

The Stiltwalker said...

this is so reminiscent of the situation between my dad and I. in his later years he had something similar to alzheimer's so it was hard watching him transition from the superhero he was...

CreativeGym said...

Thanks stiltwalker it's hard to deal with and we can only hope we have someone there for us when our time comes....

eleKtrofly said...

aw.
blessings all.
i know that this can be hard...

Suze said...

aaaw I miss my Mum. She sounds very much like yours: amazingly smart, sharp, beautiful..I wish with all my heart and soul that I had had the opportunity to look after her..suddenly she was just gone..