Monday, April 17, 2006

The Midlife Menace





Ever seen a nose bleed that would NOT STOP? Nasty! Got a call from my 85 year old parents last night. Seems Dad started bleeding around 9:00 and thought it might be a good idea if they called me to take him to the hospital around 12:00. Christ? What the hell happens to us when we get old? The old guy was squirting' red for 3 hours before I got there and you would have thought Jason or Chuckie or some other bad ass had come in the house and slashed someone! YUCK! The red shit was everywhere!

I only live down the street from my parents. One of the reasons I moved out here into the middle of nowhere Midwest US. Plus, I got a great new house, high speed connection, unlimited long distance, work out of my home office and shit...It's alright...

Anyway. I'm tryin' to get the old folks into the car and what are they doing? Worrying about the lights being left on.. "Don't want to waste electricity ya know!"
That's only half of it. Mom's going one way, Dad's barking orders and I'm trying to calm them down and get them in the damn car! Like herding cats. Damn near impossible to get them to go the same direction at once. Old folks, wow, I'm gonna be one someday. Guess I already am in some peoples eyes. Damn.........

The hospital is about a 20 mile drive and we got there in about 20 minutes so I made good time. One thing about small town hospitals, no wait time. I got 'em in and out in about an hour.

Sure don't want a phone call tonight. This old guy needs the shuteye....

No comments: